Highest Accuracy. With Any Pedaling Style. This Is IAV Power.
Many power meters calculate power using the average angular velocity (AVG) per rotation instead of the instantaneous angular velocity (REAL) value: this may introduce an additional error, up to 4.5% compared to the declared accuracy.
Assioma, thanks to its exclusive IAV Power system, measures the actual instantaneous angular velocity to guarantee the same ±1% degree of accuracy with any style of pedaling, even with oval chainrings. Learn more about “The Advantages of the IAV Power System”
IAV Cycling Dynamics
Assioma supports the advanced metrics IAV Cycling Dynamics: IAV Power Phase and IAV Rider Position. These metrics, combined with the classic power data, allow analyzing in details the pedaling technique and how the cyclist’s position on the bike influences performances.
• Designed for the compatibility with Shimano® road
Assioma DUO-Shi has been designed for Shimano® road users, as it offers the opportunity to keep on riding with your
current Shimano® pedal bodies* without giving up on the trustability and precision of Assioma.
• Installation into your own Shimano® pedal bodies
Installing Assioma DUO-Shi into your own compatible Shimano® pedal bodies* is simple and quick. Watch the video
installation guide on the website cycling.favero.com.
*Compatible Shimano® pedal bodies
Assioma DUO-Shi is compatible with the following Shimano® pedal bodies: PD-R8000, PD-R7000, PD-6800, PD-R550 and PD-R540.
• Increased Q-factor?
The Q-factor of Assioma Look® version is of +54mm, whereas that of Assioma DUO-Shi measures +64mm with the
PD-R7000/R550/R540 pedal bodies and +65mm with the PD-R8000/6800.
Despite an initial concern related to the increase of the q-factor, we decided to proceed with the project considering that
the body size (height, pelvis width, etc.) is a subjective factor contributing to determining which is the best q-factor for
each one of us.
A final, positive feedback from our beta testers has eventually validated the product.
• Easy to install
Install and transfer your Assioma power meter from one bike to another just like normal pedals, easily and without extra tools. Just screw them on your bike crank arms and you are ready to pedal!
• Bluetooth and ANT+ SMART
Assioma communicates via Bluetooth and ANT+ with bike computers and smartphones, both Android and iOS.
• Real dual-sided power data
Assioma DUO-Shi provides dual-sided data through real measurements: taken individually on both the left and the right leg; this make it possible to observe with accuracy not only the Total Power, but also the L/R Balance, the Torque Effectiveness (TE), the Pedal Smoothness (PS), etc.
• Accuracy and consistency
Assioma provides accurate watt measurements with a great consistency and stability in the actual on-road use conditions and at any temperature between -10°C and 60°C.
• Waterproof, resistant and light
Assioma is the lightest pedal-based power meter. Thanks to its compact design, it never interferes with the pedaling: not even when cornering. The power sensors are protected in a bi-component resin block, extremely resistant to shocks and completely waterproof.
• Rechargeable and green
Assioma is the only pedal-based power meter with integrated rechargeable batteries; a single charge ensures 50 hours of use at least.
• Tested and guaranteed
Favero Electronics produces in-house each Assioma and thoroughly test it individually: fully satisfying the standards required by current regulations.
- Power sensor on both pedals
- Dual-sided power measurement
- Cadence sensor: included, inbuilt
- Gyroscope: included, inbuilt
- Oval chainring compatible: yes
- Weight of Assioma DUO-Shi without pedal bodies: 99,0g per side (battery included)
- Weight of Assioma DUO-Shi with PD-R8000 pedal body: 157,0g per side (battery included)
- Adapter’s material: aerospace aluminium alloy
- Battery type: rechargeable lithium battery
- Battery life: at least 50 hours
- Radio communication: Bluetooth v4.0, ANT+ PWR profile (CT + PO)
- Accuracy power measurement: ± 1%
- Power calculation system: IAV (Instantaneous Angular Velocity-based)
- Temperature compensation: -10°C / +60°C
- Water resistance degree: IP67
- Q-factor with PD-R7000/R550/R540: +64 mm; PD-R8000/6800: +65 mm;
- Firmware updates via Bluetooth with Favero Assioma App
- Bike type: road
- Designed and produced in Italy
- Warranty: 2 years
• Left power sensor with adapter for Shimano® pedal bodies*
• Right power sensor with adapter for Shimano® pedal bodies*
• Battery charger including plugs (EU, US, UK, AU)
• 2 two-meter long micro-USB/USB cables with 2 magnetic connectors
• Hex key and 4 washers for the installation
• User manual
• Assioma DUO-Shi user manual